Winter Days (& Nights) at Home

31 January 2019


Ah winter. I am sure I am not the only one who romanticizes winter during the hotter months then when it actually arrives...yeah. With these extra cold days and nights lately where it's not advisable to be outside (even forest school was cancelled!) it's made for some long days at home let me tell you. We've been leaning hard into fires in the wood stove, lots of tea, hobbies, making art, baking, naps, cooking and obviously lots of Berenstain Bears and Little Bear on Youtube.


We recently enrolled Iris in JK a few days a week in the school down the road. I was really apprehensive about it at first but if you know Iris, you know she is extremely outgoing and chatty so she's been loving school. I've loved meeting all the families in our neigbourhood and I'm excited for her to have friends she can hang out with just down the street. Another nice bonus is that Harvey and I have been getting some days just the two of us. We both miss Iris during those days, but I can't deny that it is much quieter around the house for a few hours. Not better, just different :) 


Looking forward to this extreme cold spell being done soon. Harvey stares out the window longingly every morning wanting to go out and shovel. 

Post a Comment

© Here at Home. Design by Fearne.